Foundation Grant Fund:
The purpose of this Fund is to support grants to students, education providers and/or others that fulfill RVEF’s mission to enhance educational opportunities for the Children of the Rondout Valley Central Schools in partnership with the larger community.
Foundation’s General Fund: Undesignated donations will be directed to the general fund for operational expenses and dispersed to other Foundation funds as directed by the Board of Directors.
Classroom Grant Fund:
In September 2009 this fund was established by the RVEF fund educational programs and supplies not covered by the current school budget. This program is funded by RVCSD employee voluntary pay roll deductions, the Staff Tribute Program and designated donations. Teachers and support staff are eligible to apply for mini-grants for classroom instruction. Contributions come from the Payroll Deduction Program, Staff Tribute Program and other designated donations.
Science Research Program Fund:
The purpose of this fund is to assist students with the expenses related to their research projects, symposium/competition participation and cost of the guest speaker at the SRP Annual RV Symposium. Students learn the process of applying for grant funding for their research projects with assistance from the Foundation in understanding the grant protocol information and completing the required grant application and final report forms.
To set up a designated fund with the RVEF please contact us by email at email@example.com.
– RVEF’s commitment: The RVEF is committed to manage the Fund in accordance with the fund’s Purpose Statement, process and procedures contained in the Fund Agreement.
– Management of the Fund: The RVEF will deposit all gifts donated to the Fund in the name of that Fund, which it may pool and manage with its other funds in accordance with regular RVEF investment and management policies. The Fund will be publicized to attract additional contributions.
RVEF Designated Funds:
- Alumni Choir Fund: The Rondout Valley Alumni Chorus group is made up of former students in the music program who continue to have an appreciation of their experiences at Rondout. Music continues to be a part of their lives and as such they gather together to rehearse and present music to our community. In addition to giving their musical talents they also will be raising funds to support the continuation of our vibrant music program at Rondout and donate to other groups that support the children of the Rondout Valley School District.
- Farm to School Fund:
This fund was established by Breanna Costello in May 2014. The purpose of this fund is to nourish our children, support our farmers, and strengthen our community. 100% of designated donations will be used to purchase food from Rondout Valley Growers for the Rondout Valley Central School District Food Service Program.
- Field Hockey Booster Club:
- The fund is set up to assist the district’s field hockey program’s players with offsetting fees. Fundraising events including field hockey clinics and tournaments involving team members and advisors help to support this program. The funds are used for off season training, clinics, off season leagues, and the like.
- Fireboat John J Harvey Project Fund:
This is an 8th grade Service Learning museum project that concludes with a field trip to visit the fireboat as the culminating event of the John J. Harvey-9/11 Museum Project. The Museum Project involves 8th graders in a multi-disciplinary exploration of the meaning of 9/11.
- Foreign Language Week Fund:
The Foreign Language Week Fund was established in March of 2012 with an initial grant from Peter and Judy Hauser. The goal of the fund is to support the activities that occur during Foreign Language Week. Typical activities include, but limited to: fees for cultural performances, expenses related to the annual Foreign Language Week Luncheon, and miscellaneous supplies.
- French Class Trip Fund: This fund supports an educational trip for Rondout Valley French students. Our objective is to give junior high and high school French students an opportunity to be surrounded by the French language. The specific goal of the fund is to offset the trip’s cost in order to make it accessible to any Rondout student. Donations to this fund can be made any time during the year.
- High School Advanced Graphics Fund: This fund was established to benefit the HS Advanced Graphics Program and the students involved in the program. Collaboration between students and local businesses to design and print 3D logos through the 3D Printed Logo Filament Fundraiser contributes to this fund along with other designated donations.
- High School Music Booster Fund:
The Rondout Valley Music Boosters are a community organization that exists to support the music program at Rondout Valley High School and the Rondout Valley School District. The membership includes parents, students, teachers, and members of the community who wish to help enhance the educational experience of the students in the music program.
- Hudson Valley Stuttering Association Fund:
The HVSA (Hudson Valley Stuttering Association) is a support group for those who stutter in the Hudson Valley. It offers support and education for people who stutter, friends of those who stutter, and families, not only in the Rondout School District but anyone who needs support for Stuttering. The money raised for the HVSA would go directly towards making future activities possible, such as trips or booking local event halls to hold workshops, annual dinners, and meetings.
- Newcomers Uplifted Program Fund:
Newcomers uplifted is a freshmen orientation program designed to help new high school students become acclimated to the high school community. The goal is to build a safe positive and productive school community for all students. Select students in grades 10-12 are Peer Leaders who run peer groups and guide the freshmen throughout the first semester of their freshmen year.
- Rondout Valley Future Farmers of America: The Rondout Valley Chapter of the National FFA Organization makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.
- RVCSD Summer Arts Camp Fund:
Donations support the Digital Arts Camp offered to students in grades 5-8. Campers explore the Elements of Art using Adobe Photoshop and iMac computers as their creative tools working as individuals and in teams on a sequence of projects that include digital drawing, painting, collage, digital portfolio creation, digital photography and photo editing using SLR style digital cameras and working in the lab to edit, retouch and create digital artwork with photography.
- RVHS Gardeners Fund: The purpose of this fund is to make the high school’s greenhouse self-sufficient by hosting annual plant sales in which the students seed and care for transplants that are sold to the community. Each year will support the following year economically. While providing a local product to the community, students will learn how to grow and maintain vegetable, fruit, herb and flower crops while being exposed to the process of running a small business.
- RVHS Musical Theater Fund:
Established in March 2011 with an initial donation from Peter & Judith Hauser, the purpose of this Fund is to provide financial support to pay for costs associated with an annual production of a musical at Rondout Valley High School. The vision of this project is to engage the diverse talents of the Rondout Valley High School students, faculty, staff and community members to produce an annual self-supporting spring musical in the high school.
- RVHS Parent Association Fund: This fund was established with by Nelda Gerner to support and promote programs and activities that enhance critical thinking and problem solving, encourage student directed learning and foster collaborative teamwork so that our graduates are prepared with skills and inspired to be stewards and empathetic leaders in this community and beyond.
- Sandra Taub Golden Determination Award Fund:
This fund was established by Bruce Golden in June 2009 for the purpose of recognizing students who have shown determination to succeed by giving their “all” regardless of ability and who have persevered when up against tremendous odds, as determined by their team leaders. The award, a $100 gift certificate, is given annually during the 8th Grade Commencement Ceremony to each student selected.
- Science Research Program Fund:
The purpose of this fund is to assist students with the expenses related to their research projects, symposium/competition participation and cost of the guest speaker at the SRP Annual RV Symposium. Students learn the process of applying for grant funding for their research projects with assistance from the Foundation in understanding the grant protocol information, and completing the required grant application and final report forms.
- Spanish Student Travel Fund: This fund was established to accept donations and collect fundraising proceeds for the purpose of providing necessary per student funding to cover expenses while on their trip to Panama in 2019. The account will remain open to provide for the establishment of a scholarship seat and funding for future trips.
- Sue Matson Distinguished Youth Award Fund:
The Sue Matson Distinguished Youth Award is made possible through the collaboration of community member Susan Matson, the Town of Rochester Youth Commission and the RVEF. Its purpose is to fund a financial award on an annual basis for the recipient of The Distinguished Youth Award, chosen according to criteria determined by the Rochester Youth Commission, and given to a youth resident from the Town of Rochester, within the Rondout Valley Central School District. The presentation of the award will be at the discretion of the Rochester Youth Commission.
- Rondout Valley Track and Field Booster Club Fund:
The purpose of the Rondout Valley Track and Field Booster Club is to raise funds for camps, clinics, equipment and other items not covered by the yearly athletic budget. Our main fundraising event is the annual Gander Track and Field Invitational. The booster club hosts the invitational, organizes the event and pays for the timing and officials. School districts who attend will pay to attend. The booster club will also run the concession stand at the meet and sell sponsorship advertisements for the event. The track coaches will act as club advisors and student athletes are members of the club.
To set up a partnership fund with the RVEF please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– RVEF’s commitment: The RVEF is committed to manage the Fund in accordance with the stated purpose, process and procedures in the Fund Agreement.
– Management of the Fund: The RVEF will deposit all fundraiser proceeds and gifts donated to the Fund into the Fund’s account, which it may pool and manage with its other funds in accordance with regular RVEF investment and management policies. The Fund will be publicized to attract additional contributions.